Terms of Service
Inclusion in the TeamSkaffe.com directory is not guaranteed.
Every site is subject to the terms outlined by TeamSkaffe.com TOS, and is included or excluded at TeamSkaffe.com's sole discretion.
DESCRIPTION OF TEAMSKAFFE.COM EXPRESS REVIEW SERVICE TeamSkaffe.com Express Review is a fee-based service provided by TeamSkaffe.com to expedite review and consideration of your website for inclusion in TeamSkaffe.com's directory of websites located at teamskaffe.com. Sites using the Express Review Service may be of a "For Profit" or a "Not For Profit" nature.
Again, inclusion in the TeamSkaffe.com directory is not guaranteed.
Every site is subject to the terms outlined by TeamSkaffe.com TOS, and is included at TeamSkaffe.com's sole discretion.
TeamSkaffe.com will review your submission within one business day. Final topic placement will be determined by our professional editorial team. If your submission is declined you may be issued a full refund at TeamSkaffe's discretion.
We do our best to resolve any issues related to your review and submission at TeamSkaffe.com. If you are not satisfied with our paid services please contact our customer support services right away. We have a 100% refund policy for any issue that can't be resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
You must contact us within 90 days of submission. We do not offer refunds on submissions that have been reviewed and submitted to the directory for over 90 days.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE EXPRESS REVIEW SERVICE AGREEMENT
The TeamSkaffe.com Express Review Service, owned and operated by TeamSkaffe.com, is provided to you ("you" or "Applicant") under the terms and conditions of this TeamSkaffe.com Express Review Service Agreement. TeamSkaffe.com reserves and maintains the right, at its sole discretion, in the future, to change, modify, add or remove all or part of the TeamSkaffe.com Express Review Service Agreement at any time. BY COMPLETING THE TEAMSKAFFE.COM EXPRESS REVIEW SERVICE SUBMISSION FORM AND CLICKING THE "SUBMIT" BUTTON, YOU REPRESENT AND VERIFY THAT YOU ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. YOU AGREE TO PROVIDE TRUE, ACCURATE, CURRENT AND COMPLETE INFORMATION (INCLUDING A CURRENT AND ACCURATE EMAIL ADDRESS) AS PROMPTED ON THE SUBMISSION FORM, AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
MINIMUM SITE CRITERIA
Quality sites with original content and value to the directory should be listed. High-quality, original content is key. The following will not be listed:
Any site offering to sell, the promotion of, or the sale of:
- Firearms, explosives, or weapons.
- Food that is not packaged or does not comply with all laws governing the sale of food to consumers by commercial merchants.
- Items which are indecent or obscene; that are hateful or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; that contain child pornography; that are otherwise pornographic in nature; or that are harmful to minors.
- Controlled substances or pharmaceuticals. An exception to this rule is a company with a physical brick-and-mortar place of business, such as CVS, Eckerd, or Walgreens.
- Counterfeit or stolen items.
- Dangerous items.
- Goods or services that do not, in fact, exist.
- Any registered or unregistered securities.
- Items which violate or infringe upon the rights of other parties.
- Items which may not legally be sold.
- Items where paying TeamSkaffe.com any of the required transactional or listing fees would cause TeamSkaffe.com to violate laws in the United States.
- SubURLs, or pages which can be reached from their main page and pertain to the same topic as the main page, should not be listed separately. Exceptions will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
- Spamming is prohibited. Sites may be refused listing if they are, or allegedly spamming the TeamSkaffe.com Directory. Review of these sites is at the sole discretion of TeamSkaffe and its agents.
Hate, Illegal, Pornographic and Sites Advocating Violence
Sites which advocate violence or illegal acts against a person or group of people will not be listed. Sites containing visual representation of extreme violence or lewdness should not be listed, unless such material in its context has been deemed appropriate by TeamSkaffe Management. Sites containing pornographic text or images should not be submitted. This includes those sites with links to such material on other sites via text links or banners.
The majority of sites with non-pornographic sexual content may be deemed acceptable. Sites may include adult nudity, IF the intent of the material is not to arouse the viewer. Such sites would include those which are educational or medical in nature. For instance, sites showing how to perform a breast exam or how to check for testicular cancer could be acceptable. Listing of sites with questionable content will be decided by TeamSkaffe.
On-Line Casinos, Gambling, and Betting Sites
Being that on-line gambling is illegal in many U.S. states as well as in other countries, sites offering and containing advertising for on-line casinos, betting, lottery and other forms of on-line gambling will not be listed.
Note : TeamSkaffe.com does not accept websites for travel services or agents using partnered, affiliated, authorized agent or pay-for-use booking services.
How many listings may a site have?
Considering the wide variety of topics, most sites will easily fit into our directory. Each site is limited to one listing. Exceptions may be made by the TeamSkaffe Management Team. Note: Performing a key word search, plus reading topic descriptions will you help determine the best site placement.
What is a proper URL?
A proper URL will include the use of "http://", "www", and a trailing slash.
The preferred method is to submit the 'short' version of a URL. For example, rather than submitting
http://teamskaffe.com/index.html, you would correctly use http://teamskaffe.com/.
Do not use deep links if they are related to the same topic as the main URL, and can be reached from the website's front page. For example, http://www.websiteexamples.com/examples/ would not be approved as a site submission because this page would be accessible from the shortened or main URL and is topic-related.
How to Write a Title:
Use the official title of the site. Usually, the title is obviously displayed on the site. If it is not, try looking at the source code for the page.
- If the site is a business or organization, use the official name, such as Mary Kay, Inc.
- Some titles may need abbreviations in order to fit in the allotted space. In that case, use the proper abbreviations.
- Capitalize the first letter of the first word in the title and all main words, but not conjunctions (and, but, or, for, nor, so, and yet), short prepositions (such as to, on, at, and in), or articles (a, an, and the).
- Do not use "The, A, An or similar words" to start a title. If the title is a proper name, such as a newspaper, the title should be entered as American Heritage Dictionary, The or New York Times, The. If the title is not a proper name, such as The Best of Mallard Ducks, it would be entered as Best of Mallard Ducks.
- Do not use all CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not use unnecessary punctuation marks, symbols or letters, company slogans or promotional language in the title.
- Do not use "Welcome to", "Homepage of" or "Website" as part of the title.
- Use concise anchor text (e.g. use Web Design & Hosting Service instead of Best Web Design and Super Hosting Service). Do not repeat company name in the anchor text. Optimal anchor text should be 3-5 words.
How to Write a Description:
- Write one to two sentences which are informative and objective, and tell a searcher what can be found at the site.
- Describe the unique features of the site.
- Try to use a minimum of ten words, thereby avoiding descriptions such as; "An informational site."; and "A clinical report". These are not useful to our end users.
- Start the description with a logical sentence, and use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Write out the meaning of acronyms used in the title.
- Do not start your description with "This site" or "Site includes", or end it with "etc." or "and more".
- Do not repeat the title in the description.
- Do not repeat key words in the description.
- Do not use all CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Capitalize the first word of a sentence and use a period at the end.
- Do not capitalize the first letter of each word.
- Do not use emphatic punctuation such as "!!!" ampersands "&" or ellipses "…"
- Do not use first or second person pronouns such as; "we", "I", "you", "our", "you", "us", or "me".
- Do not use information that is liable to change, such as dates, quantities, and prices.
- Do not use sales and advertising pitches such as "best", "most", "cheap" and "cheapest".
- Do not include details such as street addresses, directions, phone numbers or other URLs.
- When a City, State format is used, spell out the state; i.e., Oakland, CA, should be Oakland, California.
- Be original and use your own words. Copying is plagiarism and is illegal. If you must use short phrases copied from the site, enclose the phrase in quotation marks.
- If sites are written in a foreign language, write the description in English with a notation that the site is multilingual or in what language the site is written.
- Always proofread your description, making any required correction(s).
What is Spam?
Multiple or mirror links to the same site; porn sites or websites that links to porn; hate sites; sites which promote violence; and sites which violate the laws of the United States and/or Great Britain are classified as spam.
Below is a more comprehensive list of what is considered spam by TeamSkaffe standards.
- Multiple links to the same site, porn sites or websites which link to porn.
- Multiple submissions using different URLs, whether unique or variations of one URL.
- Redirected sites, including sites that redirect the main page and sites that redirect by clicking links on the main page.
- Hidden service website, i.e., the links will display totally different results than the main page.
- Cloaked pages: Uniquely different websites with unique URLs, but offering the same links or services. These are getting very popular and are hard to detect.
- Sites with an excessive number of banners or popup advertising; over 1/3 of a page displayed has banners or more than two popups on a single page. This includes the now frequently used load behind pages.
- Java bomb pages: Sites that load a different page or pages when another page is closed. Java bomb pages are mostly used in adult sites.
- Sites that offer little or no original content. One example is a chat website that has no chatrooms of its own and redirects to other chat services. Usually, the purpose of a site like this is just to collect banner hits.
- Sites that promote violence or hate, whether towards a person or group, a country, or an ideology.
- Websites that automatically change or try to change the user's computer settings. "Auto download," "make this your home page," and "dial a phone number" are some examples.
- The site must clearly define its purpose, products, and/or services.
- The site, or its contents, must not already appear in TeamSkaffe.com.
- The site must contain substantively unique content, as determined by TeamSkaffe.com's staff. Submitting multiple URLs with the same content is not submitting unique content and is not acceptable.
- The site should not contain any parts or pages under construction.
- All links on the site must work and must link to acceptable and relevant content.
- The site must support multiple browsers and capabilities, e.g., no Netscape-only or Java-only sites.
- The site must be operative and accessible, under normal condition, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The site must not contain any content, products, services or other information that, in TeamSkaffe.com's reasonable determination, may be illegal to sell under any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; that may infringe or violate anyone's rights; or appears in TeamSkaffe.com's sole discretion, to be inflammatory, dangerous, offensive, or otherwise inconsistent with the spirit of TeamSkaffe.com and its affiliates.
THE ABOVE CRITERIA ARE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS ONLY. TEAMSKAFFE.COM, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, MAY CONSIDER OR USE OTHER CRITERIA BEFORE EITHER ACCEPTING OR REJECTING A SUBMITTED SITE.
TeamSkaffe.com reserves the right to decide whether, where, and how a site is listed in the directory. If TeamSkaffe.com accepts a site for inclusion in the TeamSkaffe.com directory, TeamSkaffe.com will consider your requested preferences, but reserves the right to list your site in any category or subcategory which TeamSkaffe.com considers appropriate, and at its sole discretion.
Once TeamSkaffe.com accepts a site for inclusion in the directory, that site shall be treated commensurate with any other listing in the directory. TeamSkaffe.com reserves the right not to include any specific keywords, comments, or descriptions with the listing of a site in the TeamSkaffe.com directory.
TeamSkaffe.com also reserves the right to move the listing to a different category or subcategory, remove the site from the TeamSkaffe.com directory, and/or change or remove any keywords, comments, or descriptive annotations at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to, a change in the nature, business, goods, or services or content available on the site.
Any and all press releases and/or other public announcements (including forum announcements or postings) related to your inclusion or possible inclusion in the TeamSkaffe.com directory, including the method and timing of such announcements, must be approved in advance by TeamSkaffe.com in writing. TeamSkaffe.com reserves the right to withhold approval of any public announcement at its sole discretion.
TeamSkaffe.com will notify the submitter by e-mail describing whether the site has been accepted or rejected. If the site is rejected, the Applicant is entitled to request one reconsideration, or appeal, of the site review at no additional charge by sending an email to the address provided by TeamSkaffe.com. TeamSkaffe.com must receive the Applicant's e-mail within 20 days from the date that TeamSkaffe.com transmits the rejection e-mail to the Applicant. If the request is received within that timeframe, TeamSkaffe.com will re-review the Applicant's site in a reasonable timeframe, and provide notification of the final decision regarding inclusion of the site in the TeamSkaffe.com directory.
If TeamSkaffe.com reaffirms its denial of the site, no further appeals or submissions will be considered. However, if a change of the site's content is made after an appeal decision has been provided, the Applicant may resubmit the site with the then current or applicable fees being charged to the Applicant.
If TeamSkaffe.com accepts a suggested site, Applicant is entitled to request one reconsideration of the placement of the site, comment fields, title, etc, at no additional charge by sending an email to the address provided by TeamSkaffe.com. TeamSkaffe.com must receive the Applicant's email within twenty days from the date that TeamSkaffe.com transmits the acceptance email to the Applicant. If the request is received, TeamSkaffe.com will again review the Applicant's site in a reasonable timeframe and will notify Applicant of the final decision regarding the site. Once a site is included in the Directory, if Applicant makes any substantial changes to the site, Applicant must comply with TeamSkaffe.com's standard change process to make any changes to the listing.
TeamSkaffe.com requires and maintains information about Applicants on TeamSkaffe.com servers including, but not limited to, the Applicant's submission information. The Applicant agrees that TeamSkaffe.com may use such information for marketing or other promotional purposes. Applicant agrees that TeamSkaffe.com may disclose such information in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary:
1. to comply with the law or legal process;
provided, however, that nothing in this section shall impose a duty on TeamSkaffe.com to make any such disclosures. TeamSkaffe.com may contact the Applicant regarding TeamSkaffe.com Express Review using the Applicant's provided e-mail address during the site submission process or as needed as deemed reasonable by TeamSkaffe.com. Such e-mail messages may contain opportunities for special offers and new services from TeamSkaffe.com, its affiliates and/or its advertisers.
2. to enforce this Agreement; or
3. to protect the rights or interests of TeamSkaffe.com or others;
The Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TeamSkaffe.com, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, editors, employees and agents, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Applicant's use of or listing in the Service, the acceptance or rejection of Applicant's suggested site, any alleged violation of this Agreement, or any alleged violation of any rights of others. TeamSkaffe.com reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by Applicant, which shall not, and will not, excuse Applicant's indemnity obligations.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIABILITY.
The service TeamSkaffe.com is providing is on an "as is" and "as available" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. This includes, but is not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither this Agreement, nor any documentation furnished under it is intended to express or imply any warranty that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, so some of these exclusions may not apply to you. TeamSkaffe.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, members, editors, employees and agents, shall not be liable, under any circumstances or legal or equitable theories whatsoever, for any loss of business, profits or goodwill, loss of use or data, interruption of business, or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages of any character, even if TeamSkaffe.com is aware of the risk of such damages that could result in any way from Applicant's use of or non-use of this service, TeamSkaffe.com's acceptance or rejection of a submitted site, or TeamSkaffe.com's continued listing of a site in the directory. TeamSkaffe.com's liability to Applicant shall not, for any reason, exceed the amount actually paid by applicant to TeamSkaffe.com under this agreement.
TeamSkaffe.com is not, and will not be, liable for any delay or failure in performance under the Agreement resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, terrorism, or other causes beyond its reasonable control.
Any communications under this Agreement shall be by electronic mail and shall be deemed delivered upon receipt to the party to whom such communication is directed, at the addresses specified below. If to TeamSkaffe.com , such notices shall be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If to Applicant, such notices shall be addressed to the electronic address specified in Applicant's Express Review submission form. It is the Applicant's responsibility to provide an accurate address and to ensure that TeamSkaffe.com is notified of any change(s) to Applicant's address.